It's that time of year when our immune systems are working in overdrive to adapt to the cooling temperatures. Getting sick is never fun! Here are a few all natural, in-home remedies to prevent and fight viral and bacterial infections from attacking your immune system. 🌶️ 1. Ginger Root!- My love! Ginger aids in digestion, fights inflammation, combats nausea, colds and the flu. I like to make ginger tea with fresh or dehydrated ginger root. So delicious and warming to the belly!
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother- So many benefits! To name a few, ACV improves digestion, lowers blood sugar, kills harmful bacteria, provides amino acids and anti-oxidants, and alkalinizes your body so it may more easily kick any cold or flu bugs butt! Add a tablespoon to a glass of water at first sign of illness and repeat several times a day until symptoms pass. Caution! Be careful not to over consume! ACV is highly acidic and can irritate your stomach lining and esophagus.
3. Elderberry Sizzurpp- packed with vitamins and antioxidants, boosts IS, and helps prevent and cure the cold and flu. You can buy elderberry cough drops or syrup at your local grocery store but none surpass in love and quality than @herbs_ing's Elderberry syrup made with local CO harvested elderberries! This bottle of deliciousness is pure magic! You can find her products on Insta @herbs_ing or Etsy @iNGOil.
4. Oil of oregano🍀- Natural antibiotic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, improves gut health.
5. Lemons🍋- promote hydration, provides vitamin C (primary antioxidant that protect cells from free radical damage), prevents and fights the cold and flu, and aids in digestion.
6. Spicy peppers🌶️- benefits the digestive tract (70% of immune system is in your gut!), Packed with vitamin C, and releases nasal passages.
7. Honey🐝- nectar of the gods! antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal, and soothes a sore throat.
8. Other powerful herbs and roots-Echinacea, turmeric, plantain leaf, rosemary, cinnamon, clove, star anise, boneset. Experiment with any combinations to see which ones you like best. 💚 Let food be thy medicine. -Hippocrates 🍄